A Eurasian moorland finch related to the linnet, having streaky brown plumage and a pink rump.
- Acanthis flavirostris, family Fringillidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Once common species such as the snipe, lapwing and curlew have seen declines of up to 73 per cent; birds like the twite, a moorland version of the linnet, are now gone from some parts of the park.
- Marsden Moor supports large numbers of moorland birds such as the golden plover, red grouse, curlew and the diminutive twite.
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds says that nests of species such as short-eared owls, merlins, red grouse, meadow pipits, skylarks, twite and curlews will have been wiped out.
mid 16th century: imitative of its call.
Definición de twite en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional