An even-toed ungulate mammal of a group that comprises the camels, llamas, and their extinct relatives. They are distinguished by bearing their weight on the sole-pads of the feet rather than on the hoofs, and they do not chew the cud.
- Suborder Tylopoda, order Artiodactyla: family Camelidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The navicular and cuboid bones of the ankle are not fused, a primitive condition that separates tylopods from the third suborder the Ruminantia.
- Living tylopods have a chambered stomach, albeit not as well developed as that seen in the Pecora.
- Llamas, as well as alpacas, vicunas, and guanacos are all tylopods, which are in the same family as camels.
Definición de tylopod en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional