Swelling of the abdomen with air or gas.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Abdominal distension with a splashing sound like water, and accompanying dysuria indicates tympanites or ascites.
- We remained a gastric tube during operation to prevent intestinal tympanites and to put in medicines that could improve the movement of intestine.
- When they gave me this information I knew that the tympanites was due to narcotic paralysis, instead of coming from perforative, septic peritonitis, as the general appearance and symptoms indicated.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- You examined her and she had a tympanitic abdomen.
- On exam, he is tympanitic over his abdomen and liver.
- Examination also showed a distended tympanitic abdomen, and abdominal radiography showed a large amount of gas in a distended bladder.
Definición de tympanites en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda