- 1Exercising power in a cruel or arbitrary way: her father was portrayed as tyrannical and unlovingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Absolutist tyrannies are far more likely than democracies to breed absolutist tyrannical resistance groups willing to do anything to fight back.
- New Zealanders have those freedoms, which set us apart from tyrannical regimes where Governments tell people what they can and cannot do.
- So private tyrannies become tyrannical by buying up some of the trade policies of democratic governments.
- 1.1Characteristic of tyranny; oppressive and controlling: a momentary quieting of her tyrannical appetiteMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Only their lack of a tradition of liberty has held them back by keeping them under the control of tyrannical governments.
- The second is that tyrannical oppression is a paradigmatic offense against the natural order.
- The thirteen colonies began with a defensive revolution against tyrannical oppression and they were victorious.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus, Love lives in him tyrannically, in total lawlessness, resorting to violence when necessary.
- The line between adulthood and childhood used to be tyrannically drawn.
- This is true whether he's dealing with the tyrannically needy Louise, or the popular kids who torment them both at school.
mid 16th century: from Old French tyrannique, via Latin from Greek turannikos, from turannos (see tyrant).