- 1An edict of the Russian government: Tsar Alexander I issued his famous ukase unilaterally decreeing the North Pacific Coast Russian territoryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To seek rhyme or reason in such decisions is as vain an inquiry as to seek the same qualities in the ukase of a Russian Czar or the whims of an Oriental despot.
- Certainly no hint of a slavedriver there - although the group was careful to observe Kukes' ukase against smoking cigarettes, a rarity in tobacco-saturated Russia.
- The ukase also prohibited American and other foreign shipping from approaching within one hundred miles of the shoreline.
- 1.1An arbitrary command: defying the publisher in the very building from which he had issued his ukaseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Why not ease up on the ukases against kids singing songs about mangers and stars?
- The Bush doctrine seeks to extend American ukase all around the world, whereas we ought to be seeking ways for attenuating all national sovereignties in favor of collective global decision-making.
- The brusque style of Washington has managed to antagonize its best friends by means of anachronistic ukases and its treatment of allies as unruly children.
from Russian ukaz 'ordinance, edict', from ukazatʹ 'to show, decree'.
Más definiciones de ukaseDefinición de ukase en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional