- A flower cluster in which stalks of nearly equal length spring from a common center and form a flat or curved surface, characteristic of the parsley family.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During field harvest, each plant was separated into leaves (blade + petiole), roots, stems, and umbels (pedicels + rays + flowers/fruits).
- It is traditionally classified alongside Bupleurum, differentiated by its white flowers, sessile umbels, and conspicuous calyx teeth, and the lack of bracteoles and of a carpophore (mericarps do not separate).
- Plants produce one or more stems bearing umbels of 10-25 greenishwhite flowers (Shannon and Wyatt 1986a).
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Agapanthus is a very variable genus, yet they are all broadly similar in appearance, with rhizomatous roots, strap-like leaves and an umbellate inflorescence on a stalk held above the leaves.
- These are blooming on small plants with 3’ long umbellate flowers heavily spotted with red-maroon, with a red-purple lip.
- When conditions are favorable the plant produces a single, thick stem that contains hundreds of yellow umbellate flowers producing numerous seeds per umbellate.
Pronunciación: /ˈəmbəlit, -ˌlāt, ˌəmˈbelit/adjetivo
late 16th century: from obsolete French umbelle or Latin umbella 'sunshade', diminutive of umbra (see umbra).
Más definiciones de umbelDefinición de umbel en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional