Definición de umber en inglés:
1A natural pigment resembling but darker than ocher, normally dark yellowish-brown in color ( raw umber) or dark brown when roasted ( burnt umber).
- Dark brown umber on bright yellow is featured in one Ziss painting, and purple-inflected blue set against pale green in another.
- For the nine paintings in this exhibition, Howell mixed titanium white, ivory black and raw umber - the raw umber prevents bluing - in carefully calculated ratios to achieve what he calls ‘a movement of gray toward light and dark.’
- Natural ochres, siennas, and umbers are found in a range of colours from red, orange, yellow, and brown to virtually black.
1.1The color of umber.
- In a tobacco tin after capture, the umber yellow mature newts lost their leopard spots, lay grounded as numb as scrolls of candied grapefruit peel.
- Next season, Madam Oloviah, says it's all about the peaches and burnt umbers.
- Delicately cut, layered slate walls, umbers and the sepia tint curved metal bar place you firmly somewhere in Eastern Europe.
2A brownish-gray moth with coloring that resembles tree bark.
- Several species in the family Geometridae
- The larva of the mottled umber moth is a reddish brown caterpillar that eats the leaves of oak trees and shrubs.
- A mottled umber moth found its way onto a Glasgow window.
- At least two other moths, the mottled umber moth (Erannis. defoliaria), and the March moth (Alsophila aescularia) have wingless females.
Definición de umber en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan