Definición de umber en inglés:
1A natural pigment resembling but darker than ocher, normally dark yellowish-brown in color ( raw umber) or dark brown when roasted ( burnt umber).
- Dark brown umber on bright yellow is featured in one Ziss painting, and purple-inflected blue set against pale green in another.
- For the nine paintings in this exhibition, Howell mixed titanium white, ivory black and raw umber - the raw umber prevents bluing - in carefully calculated ratios to achieve what he calls ‘a movement of gray toward light and dark.’
- Natural ochres, siennas, and umbers are found in a range of colours from red, orange, yellow, and brown to virtually black.
1.1The color of umber.
- In a tobacco tin after capture, the umber yellow mature newts lost their leopard spots, lay grounded as numb as scrolls of candied grapefruit peel.
- Next season, Madam Oloviah, says it's all about the peaches and burnt umbers.
- Delicately cut, layered slate walls, umbers and the sepia tint curved metal bar place you firmly somewhere in Eastern Europe.
2A brownish-gray moth with coloring that resembles tree bark.
- Several species in the family Geometridae
- The larva of the mottled umber moth is a reddish brown caterpillar that eats the leaves of oak trees and shrubs.
- A mottled umber moth found its way onto a Glasgow window.
- At least two other moths, the mottled umber moth (Erannis. defoliaria), and the March moth (Alsophila aescularia) have wingless females.
Definición de umber en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan