- 1A flexible cordlike structure containing blood vessels and attaching a human or other mammalian fetus to the placenta during gestation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Stem cells are harvested from bone marrow, umbilical cords, the brain and spinal cord and other tissues.
- Thus the fetus grows its own umbilical cord, containing its own blood vessels: two arteries and a single vein.
- Transplanting cord blood stem cells from placenta and umbilical cords have the same effect as a bone-marrow transplant.
- 1.1A flexible cable, pipe, or other line carrying essential services or supplies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This reliance on cumbersome logistics limited mobility, as armies tethered by umbilical cords of supply could not go too fast or too far.
- ‘They are electronic umbilical cords to the workplace,’ says Joanne B. Ciulla, author of The Working Life: The Promise and Betrayal of Modern Work.
- I'm not going to argue that we deserve to drag our electronic umbilical cords everywhere.
Más definiciones de umbilical cordDefinición de umbilical cord en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional