Definición de umbrage en inglés:
1Offense or annoyance: she took umbrage at his remarks
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the lads took umbrage at this public affront to his manliness and duly acknowledged the driver with a hand signal that wasn't too friendly.
- A caller to a phone-in which I heard yesterday took umbrage at the underhand tactics employed by Nasa.
- Locals took umbrage at such castigation, and echoing the responses to the Wylde affair, many sought to re-affirm the respectability of the colony in the face of accusations that could be economically and politically damaging.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The tree has a similar umbrageous habit to other Melia azedarach and will grow to 10m height and 8-10m spread.
- The jungle is the home of giant gums and dense myrtle, of umbrageous fig and tall palm, of sassafras and supplejack.
- There I saw the first olive tree ever planted in Australia; the Cork-tree in luxuriance; the Caper growing among rocks, the English Oak, the horse chestnut, broom, magnificent mulberry trees of thirty-five years growth, umbrageous and green, great variety of roses in hedges, also climbing roses.
Palabras que riman con umbragesuffrage
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia