Definición de umbrage en inglés:
1Offense or annoyance: she took umbrage at his remarks
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the lads took umbrage at this public affront to his manliness and duly acknowledged the driver with a hand signal that wasn't too friendly.
- A caller to a phone-in which I heard yesterday took umbrage at the underhand tactics employed by Nasa.
- Locals took umbrage at such castigation, and echoing the responses to the Wylde affair, many sought to re-affirm the respectability of the colony in the face of accusations that could be economically and politically damaging.
- Example sentences
- The tree has a similar umbrageous habit to other Melia azedarach and will grow to 10m height and 8-10m spread.
- The jungle is the home of giant gums and dense myrtle, of umbrageous fig and tall palm, of sassafras and supplejack.
- There I saw the first olive tree ever planted in Australia; the Cork-tree in luxuriance; the Caper growing among rocks, the English Oak, the horse chestnut, broom, magnificent mulberry trees of thirty-five years growth, umbrageous and green, great variety of roses in hedges, also climbing roses.
Words that rhyme with umbragesuffrage
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan