- 1Not existing in any documented form: if a will contains unattested changes, the changes will be disregarded although large masonry instruments were not unattested in the world, they were constructed infrequentlyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Note that those like Mack, who can be awarded respect for their hypotheses of documents otherwise unattested, are not at an advantage over our thesis.
- Needless to say, this is totally unattested as a practice in any ancient source and none of the relevant tools (magnifying glasses and diamond microcutters) have been recovered, or ever heard of from ancient times.
- We cannot rule out the possibility that another large, centrally located temenos of Apollo at Corinth, otherwise unattested in literary sources, has eluded the excavators of Corinth for more than a century.
- 1.1 Linguistics Denoting a form or usage or pronunciation of a word for which there is no evidence: logically possible but unattested word-formationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Not only did he use an otherwise unattested form of address for God, but as an individual he addressed God with a term that connoted familial intimacy.
- On the other hand, we've learned how to reconstruct unattested proto-languages from their attested descendants and how to work out the family tree of related languages.
- The term used here to describe the bronze is na-wi-jo, the adjectival form of the unattested noun * na-wo (literally ‘place of dwelling’ = later Greek naos, canonically translated as ‘temple’).
Más definiciones de unattestedDefinición de unattested en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional