Definición de undermine en inglés:
1.1Dig or excavate beneath (a building or fortification) so as to make it collapse.
- Within days, the French advanced into the city outskirts and undermined numerous buildings.
- The Romans also developed tunnelling for military purposes, either by breaking through behind enemy defences or by undermining fortifications to cause their collapse.
- The disaster was caused by the total collapse of his house in the Rue d' Anjou, undermined by the excavations carried out by the bank next door for its strong room.
2Damage or weaken (someone or something), especially gradually or insidiously: this could undermine years of hard work
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What they don't understand is that being boring limits their power and undermines their effectiveness.
- And yet, the way he handled the events that followed gradually undermined his position.
- They might have to share power and that is dangerous because it would undermine their position of power.
- Example sentences
- That would be on account of my false self, my twin, my judge, unhappy anima and underminer.
- Once again, these underminers of our foreign policy are doing more harm to our country.
- So you see yourself as an underminer of the system?
Words that rhyme with underminealign, assign, benign, brine, chine, cline, combine, condign, confine, consign, dine, divine, dyne, enshrine, entwine, fine, frontline, hardline, interline, intertwine, kine, Klein, line, Main, malign, mine, moline, nine, on-line, opine, outshine, pine, Rhein, Rhine, shine, shrine, sign, sine, spine, spline, stein, Strine, swine, syne, thine, tine, trine, twine, Tyne, underline, vine, whine, wine
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan