Definición de unicellular en inglés:
1(Of protozoans, certain algae and spores, etc.) consisting of a single cell.
- An interesting variant of normal photosynthesis is the simultaneous photoevolution of molecular hydrogen and oxygen by certain unicellular algae and in vitro cell-free preparations.
- However, the evolutionary distance between unicellular organisms and higher plants might be a serious setback when trying to obtain high expression, at the right time and cellular localization, of foreign genes in plants.
- As compared to metazoans, the development of these unicellular organisms is likely less affected by dissociated heterochrony, which is considered a common phenomenon in metazoans.
1.1(Of an evolutionary or developmental stage) characterized by the formation or presence of a single cell or cells.
- All further cell divisions from this unicellular stage of the human being occur by simple mitosis.
- Second, the existence of unicellular life for one or two billion years without the formation of multicellular life wouldn't be a problem on Mars because it obviously was not a problem on Earth.
Definición de unicellular en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan