1(Of an action or decision) performed by or affecting only one person, group, or country involved in a particular situation, without the agreement of another or the others: unilateral nuclear disarmament
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Workers on both the admin and examining side of the department were angry about this unilateral decision without consultation.
- Well, that's a unilateral decision as to how the Geneva Conventions are going to be interpreted.
- Divorce can be by mutual consent or at the initiative of the wife and by the unilateral decision of the husband.
independent, autonomous, solitary, solo, go-it-alone, single-handed, self-determined, maverick, isolationist
2Relating to, occurring on, or affecting only one side of an organ or structure, or of the body.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This item is aimed at examining the patient for evidence of a unilateral cerebellar lesion.
- Temporal bone fractures can cause unilateral sensorineural and conductive hearing loss.
- Medical opinion on the effects of unilateral cryptorchidism has changed.
Palabras que riman con unilateralbilateral, collateral, equilateral, lateral, multilateral, quadrilateral, trilateral
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: u·ni·lat·er·al
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda