- 1 Grammar (Of a word or a language) not undergoing changes to express grammatical functions or attributes: English is largely uninflectedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That's something you can't do in an uninflected language like English.
- Eventually, Misa corrected herself and stopped using uninflected verbs in the [I'm + X] pattern.
- The call-and-response dynamic in this scene allows discrete space for dialect and uninflected speech, but clearly emphasizes the mingling of the two voices in a communal speech act.
- 2Not varying in intonation or pitch: her voice was flat and uninflectedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The bloody sergeant's report is delivered by Dan Moran on his back in a kind of machine-made monotone so uninflected that the ear refuses to digest it.
- Well, let me tell ya, there isn't anything quite like hearing that robot talk in its flat uninflected voice to wake me from my melancholy disposition.
- But Julie, in her uninflected implacability, belongs less to Hitchcock than to Robert Bresson, the great French minimalist.
Más definiciones de uninflectedDefinición de uninflected en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional