Definición de unlimber en inglés:
1Detach (a gun) from its limber so that it can be used.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We figure some day, a 97 year-old Ken will wheel out onto the range in his nuclear-powered assault chair, unlimber a 1911 and tell his students to ‘get to work’ or they'll live to regret it.
- While flying on business, I sometimes hesitate to unlimber a Handgunner or Guns Magazine - aware of the effect it may have on the more liberal around me.
- As the real artillery pieces unlimbered and began to hurl projectiles across the skies of Europe in August 1914, William Bateson was far away in Australia.
1.1chiefly US Unpack or unfasten (something) ready for use: we had to unlimber some of the gear
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They both got out, and Debbye unlimbered her remote camera.
- With George's run production down, McNair unlimbered his arm and put some air back in the ball.
- A Marine unlimbered his pack and withdrew a metal disk ten centimeters in diameter.
Definición de unlimber en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda