1Lacking variation or change; monotonous: flowing gowns of unrelieved black
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The scale is daunting, the monotony unrelieved.
- It turns out that randomly selected laws lead almost inevitably either to unrelieved chaos or boring and uneventful simplicity.
- Indeed, it could fairly be said to have started the long period of unrelieved Celtic supremacy which characterised the late sixties and early seventies.
1.1Not provided with relief; not aided or assisted.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- At dinner parties, or at house parties with no dancing, or at any occasion where there is no escape from constant, unrelieved social interaction, I can sometimes struggle.
- So the cycle of blame and retaliation continues, unrelieved and unrelieving, as history and today's newspaper bear witness.
- At their back, the continent to which they belong offers an image of unrelieved misery.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But Faber added it was ‘no secret’ he has ‘trouble with a literary world-view that is unrelievedly cynical and which treats all human endeavours with disgust and derision.’
- But religion tends to be more private than public with them, and the character of their faith tends to be unrelievedly upbeat.
- Upon receiving the crushing news that one's child has a genetic disorder or birth defect, parents may suppose that the future has suddenly grown unrelievedly bleak.
Palabras que riman con unrelievedbroadleaved
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: un·re·lieved
Definición de unrelieved en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda