- 1The smaller house in a bicameral legislature or parliament.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The introduction of self-government from the 1850s created bicameral parliaments, with elected lower houses but nominated upper houses in two colonies.
- Some 200 strikers demonstrated outside the Senate upper house of parliament.
- He had to be appointed to the Indian upper house of parliament or Rajya Sabha.
- 1.1 (the Upper House) (In the UK) the House of Lords.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Not surprisingly, with the government deeply unpopular and an Upper House election coming this summer, he probably won't be around to clear up the mess he helped create and has now so graphically described.
- We already have a Conservative proposal for an Upper House in which eighty per cent of the members are elected.
- But she does a good job in describing the jobs an Upper House might do, and the membership it might need to do them.
Más definiciones de upper houseDefinición de upper house en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional