A raised level in the blood of urea and other nitrogenous waste compounds that are normally eliminated by the kidneys.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Did he have diabetes, ascites, uraemia, anasarca, or heart failure?
- If the kidneys fail, one of the first signs is the accumulation of urea and other nitrogenous waste in the blood - uraemia.
- Additional cardiac risk factors specific to chronic kidney disease include volume overload, hyperparathyroidism, and uremia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These organisms have also been found to be involved in wound infections, haemolytic uremic syndrome, meningitis, peritonitis, respiratory tract infections and ocular infections.
- Food poisoning can lead to Guillain-Barre Syndrome, reactive arthritis, or hemolytic uremic syndrome - diseases that can leave their victims with chronic pain, paralysis, and kidney damage.
- In children, especially, this E. coli variant can cause diarrhea, hemorrhagic colitis, and hemolytic uremic syndrome.
Mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek ouron 'urine' + haima 'blood'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda