Relating to the practice of usury: they lend money at usurious rates
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the other side of the political spectrum, liberals worry that litigation finance firms offering usurious rates prey upon a desperate clientele.
- Desperate American workers are forced to rely on credit card debt at usurious interest rates to pay for basic necessities.
- They make half their income by surprising people with enormous penalties and usurious interest rate changes if they forget to pay their phone bill one month.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Credit was tight, interest rates usuriously high.
- While management has been usuriously enriching themselves, shareholders have suffered greatly.
- The fact remains that banks are able to charge usuriously high interest rates because the government secures their monopoly.
Palabras que riman con usuriouscurious, furious, injurious, luxurious, penurious, perjurious, spurious, sulphureous (US sulfureous)
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: u·su·ri·ous
Definición de usurious en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda