- The churches recently vacated the land to make way for the proposed developments.
- In previous years they'd vacated the area by the middle of July.
- I'd like to press on right now, as we have to vacate the room at noon tomorrow.
- The move followed several months of rumours and speculations on who was going to fill the position vacated by the former executive director.
- The 47-year-old vacated the same position at Aberdeen last weekend after almost three years in the job.
- All these things force her to vacate her position until she has been vindicated.
- I confirm that upon payment of the required amount the Board will vacate its charge.
- If this is acceptable, we will of course vacate the hearing on 5th July.
- In view of the errors in law so found, the appeal will be allowed and the conviction and sentence will be vacated.
Mid 17th century (as a legal term, also in the sense 'make ineffective'): from Latin vacat- 'left empty', from the verb vacare.
Palabras que riman con vacateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vibrate, wait, weight
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: va·cate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.