sustantivo (plural vagotomies)
A surgical operation in which one or more branches of the vagus nerve are cut, typically to reduce the rate of gastric secretion (e.g., in treating peptic ulcers).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Truncal vagotomy to reduce gastric acid production is the preferred surgical management approach.
- All gastric operations involving vagotomy included the breach of the pylorus, usually by pyloroplasty.
- The patient underwent an exploratory laparotomy, resection of the gastric mass, pyloroplasty, truncal vagotomy, and cyst duodenostomy.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He has similarly reported on 25 vagotomized patients suffering from duodenal ulcers.
- Previous studies demonstrating a significant endogenous 5 - HT drive to the HMN were performed in anesthetized or decerebrate vagotomized animals.
- All of the contractile and relaxant responses evoked by these stimuli were absent in vagotomized animals.
Definición de vagotomy en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional