Definición de valorize en inglés:
1Give or ascribe value or validity to (something): the culture valorizes the individual
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Without objective proof, you end up in the dangerous position of not being able to valorise one culture over another.
- Despite their legal status, her parents and grandmother modeled the ideal household, exemplifying the risk-taking and independent spirit valorized by the culture of capitalism.
- Knighthood valorized individual self-sacrifice for greater social welfare.
1.1Raise or fix the price or value of (a commodity or currency) by artificial means, especially by government action.
- It follows from all this that value cannot be positively identified with labour, because capital valorises itself only by negating that which resists its exploitation in production.
- The government valorized the pension allowances in April this year.
1920s: back-formation from valorization (from French valorisation, from valeur 'value').
- Example sentences
- Firstly, the distinction rests on a reflex valorisation of the New and denigration of the Old.
- Is the public recognition of ethnic communities across the United Kingdom dependent on their valorisation by literary fiction?
- He proposes that we read the novel's valorization of failure as its way of preserving the possibility of a utopian future.
Definición de valorize en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan