Definición de varietal en inglés:
1(Of a wine or grape) made from or belonging to a single specified variety of grape.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- These are well-made varietal wines, Cabernet franc, Merlot and Chardonnay, selling for around $25 a bottle.
- Although these blends are usually a producer's most expensive wines, only varietal wines made from a single grape qualify for D.O.C. status.
- Prices for multi-purpose grapes have fallen sharply as Americans have shifted to varietal wines made from Merlot, Cabernet, Zinfandel, or Chardonnay grapes.
2chiefly Botany & Zoology Of, relating to, characteristic of, or forming a variety: varietal names
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This lack of varietal distinction or population grouping is often associated with high levels of variation within and among populations of a species.
- Once achieved, the targeting of genomic regions for varietal improvement would be possible through marker-assisted selection.
- The flavour of tomato was influenced not only by varietal differences and the nutritional regime of the plants, but also by the stage of ripening when picking fruit and by post-harvest storage conditions.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A varietal wine or grape.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Long famous for its Chardonnays and Cabernet Sauvignons, Sonoma is now garnering more attention for other varietals, such as Syrah and Merlot.
- For varietals, the wine must be made of 85 percent of the grape variety shown on the label.
- Now the winery is looking at different varietals and blends to keep up with the changing tastes of American consumers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Italy's wine industry, like France's, is organized geographically, but with a healthy sprinkling of varietally named wines (notably Barbera and Pinot Grigio).
- Sonoma makes such a wide array of great wine, from a diversity of climates, that some wine makers have never met their county cohorts because they work in completely different circles, either varietally or regionally.
- From the beginning of 1993 Madeira has been made to conform to the European Union requirement that a varietally named wine must contain at least 85 per cent of wine made from the specified grape variety.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda