Technical term for smallpox.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other viruses in this group that can cause infection in humans include variola, vaccinia (used in smallpox vaccine), and cowpox viruses.
- No current technology is capable of discriminating variola from vaccinia (ie, the acute infectious disease caused by smallpox vaccination).
- Stocks of variola, the virus that causes the disease, remained in two locations - one in the United States and one in Russia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Seven made rapid recoveries with minimal scarring, one showed no benefit, and one died (apparently of variolar pneumonia).
- ( archaic)Oraciones de ejemplo
- In about 1721, local minister Cotton Mather - perhaps best known for his role in the witchcraft trials - was among the first in America to experiment with variolous inoculation for smallpox.
- During the time she remained in the infected room, variolous matter was inserted into both her arms, but without any further effect than in the preceding case.
- In order to determine this, a non-vaccinated child was inoculated with the serous fluid obtained from these variolous papules, and the result was a generalized, confluent small-pox.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: va·ri·o·la
Definición de variola en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda