Definición de variola en inglés:
Technical term for smallpox.
- Other viruses in this group that can cause infection in humans include variola, vaccinia (used in smallpox vaccine), and cowpox viruses.
- No current technology is capable of discriminating variola from vaccinia (ie, the acute infectious disease caused by smallpox vaccination).
- Stocks of variola, the virus that causes the disease, remained in two locations - one in the United States and one in Russia.
- Example sentences
- Seven made rapid recoveries with minimal scarring, one showed no benefit, and one died (apparently of variolar pneumonia).
- ( archaic )Example sentences
- In about 1721, local minister Cotton Mather - perhaps best known for his role in the witchcraft trials - was among the first in America to experiment with variolous inoculation for smallpox.
- During the time she remained in the infected room, variolous matter was inserted into both her arms, but without any further effect than in the preceding case.
- In order to determine this, a non-vaccinated child was inoculated with the serous fluid obtained from these variolous papules, and the result was a generalized, confluent small-pox.
Definición de variola en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan