- A nonviolent political revolution, especially the relatively smooth change from communism to a Western-style democracy in Czechoslovakia at the end of 1989.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Privatization began after the velvet revolution in 1989, and most property owned privately before 1948 has been returned to the owners or their descendants.
- I would very much like to think that every repressive country in the world could have its velvet revolution, and soon.
- When Vaclav Havel began his velvet revolution in Prague, Tom, at great personal and professional risk, smuggled printing and publishing equipment into Czechoslovakia to aid the underground press there.
translating Czech sametová revoluce.
Más definiciones de velvet revolutionDefinición de velvet revolution en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional