Punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- So in the end it sort of has a happy ending, in that you get to see Grace exact vengeance.
- If they fail, the electorate in due course exacts its vengeance by throwing them out.
- I have no qualms with the premise of a pimp exacting vengeance from beyond the grave.
revenge, retribution, retaliation, payback, requital, reprisal, satisfaction, an eye for an eye (and a tooth for a tooth)
with a vengeance
- Used to emphasize the degree to which something occurs or is true: her headache was back with a vengeanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
vigorously, strenuously, energetically, with a will, with all the stops out, for all one is worth, all out, flat out, at full tiltinformal hammer and tongs, like crazy, like mad, like gangbusters
- I tear at the paper with a vengeance to reveal that my dream had come true also.
- Two months later, arthritis returned with a vengeance and he had no recourse but to go back to the acupuncturist.
- The Manchester United empire continues to strike back with a vengeance rather than crumbling away.
Middle English: from Old French, from venger, vengier 'avenge', from Latin vindicare 'vindicate'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: venge·ance
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda