verbo (verifies, verifying, verified)[with object]
- The results were also verified by Northern blot analysis.
- However, there was no way to independently verify the identity of the men killed and arrested on Saturday night.
- Absence of the wild-type gene was also verified by PCR at this point.
- There was filed as Exhibit 10 the application verified by statutory declaration.
- No one went through the statements from Ms Cosgrove in an attempt to verify her allegations.
- This week, the US Supreme Court upheld an appeal court ruling that verified the original District Court verdict.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Free-wheeling, emotionally charged, verifiably un-Baroque, this was not a recreation of Bach but a distillation of his flavor.
- For the present, let us demand that North Korea completely, verifiably and irreversibly dismantle its military program.
- This required the IRA to definitively end all paramilitary and criminal activity and to fully and verifiably decommission its weapons.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Within days they sent two verifiers to observe Ella and we got funding before Christmas.
- The Australian Electoral Commission has a very clever on-line electoral enrolment verifier.
- These latter statements were the ultimate verifiers, forming the basis upon which our empirical world was constructed.
Middle English (as a legal term): from Old French verifier, from medieval Latin verificare, from verus 'true'.
verdict from Middle English:
After the Norman Conquest, French became the language of the law in England and many French legal terms made their way into English. Verdict came immediately from French, but goes back to Latin verus ‘true’, source also of verify (Middle English), veritable (Late Middle English), and very (Middle English), and dicere ‘to say’, from which addict (mid 16th century) originally ‘assigned by decree’ and so bound to something; condition (Middle English) speaking with, agreement; contradiction (Late Middle English) ‘speaking against’; dictate (early 17th century); predict (late 16th century) ‘speaking in advance’; and numerous other words derive.
Palabras que riman con verifyterrify
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ver·i·fy
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.