A widely distributed scrambling herbaceous plant of the pea family that is cultivated as a silage or fodder crop. See also tare1.
- Genus Vicia, family Leguminosae: several species, in particular the common or ( spring) vetch (V. sativa) and purple vetch (V. americana)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Buckwheat, mustard, rape, or fast-growing legumes, such as vetches or crimson clover, can be used.
- Sometimes, instead of a multi-year hayfield, Moyer will just use hairy vetch or a vetch / oats mix as a cover crop between the summer wheat harvest and corn planting the following spring.
- After you prepare a seed bed in your future tomato plot, plant the vetch, either by broadcasting or in shallow furrows at the rate of an ounce of seed per 10 square feet.
Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French veche, from Latin vicia.
Definición de vetch en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional