Definición de veteran en inglés:
- The new players have provided tough competition to the veterans in the field.
- This veteran found the experience so outlandish that he could not tell anyone about it.
- Separately, however, they were veterans of the festival experience as solo performers.
- He was one of several MPs from all parties who supported those campaigning for a medal for veterans who served in Egypt.
- Army veterans who served in World War Two have joined the campaign to save their former regiment.
- The description was wholeheartedly endorsed by veterans who served under the Brigadier.
Veteran comes via French from Latin vetus ‘old’, also the source of inveterate (Late Middle English) ‘long-standing’. Vet, the abbreviation, is recorded from the mid 19th century. The other kind of vet, also mid 19th-century, is a shortening of veterinary [18th] from Latin veterinarius, from veterinae ‘cattle’.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.