- 1Immoral or wicked behavior.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Machiavelli sometimes associates these passions and desires which are inherent to human nature with vice and corruption and immoral, blameworthy, wicked, and dishonourable conduct.
- Divorce, hitherto a rarity, suddenly took off like a rocket and, as this plague of immorality and vice swept right across the western world, movie makers jumped on the bandwagon.
- Crime, vice and violence flourished, until Bow moved upmarket too and the fair was closed forever in the 1820s.
- 1.1Criminal activities involving prostitution, pornography, or drugs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In her films, Wishman employs standard melodramatic plot lines and then inverts the parameters to impose illicit acts and criminal vice into the fray.
- And vice associated with prostitution - pimping, extortion and drug abuse - simultaneously diminished.
- The exceptions, he wrote, are those who come as warriors or spies or to spread corruption, vice and drugs.
- 1.2An immoral or wicked personal characteristic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Criminalizing non-violent persons for their vices is immoral.
- Extracting money out of innocent, trusting people for these two vices was easy for him.
- Corruption as a vice affects people from all walks of life and it is important that everybody and anybody, who is willing and able, should be involved to fight the scourge that is eating at the heart of our society today.
- 1.3A weakness of character or behavior; a bad habit: cigars happen to be my father’s viceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There are no caricatures; each character has his own unique blend of characteristics, strength and weaknesses, virtue and vices.
- We suffer primarily not from our vices or our weaknesses, but from our illusions.
- In the revolutionaries' eyes, anything that made a woman look attractive was considered a vice because it distracted people from piousness and spirituality.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Its main advantages were strength, ease of maintenance, and viceless flying qualities.
- This 4.6 litre unit is a real Jekyll and Hyde performer - smooth and viceless at low rpm, and a real screamer up high.
- A glance at the specifications shows that the performance was not spectacular, but the aircraft was completely viceless with respect to its flying and handling qualities.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin vitium.