- A medieval French lyric poem of indefinite length composed of stanzas of long lines rhyming with each other and short lines rhyming with each other, the short lines of each stanza furnishing the rhyme for the long lines of the next, with the short lines of the last stanza taking their rhyme from the short lines of the first.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You have five days to write twelve sestinas, four limericks, and a Bulgarian variant of the virelay.
- He had never dared to tell her his love, but he composed many songs, rounds, and virelays about the agonies of one who adores and is not loved in return.
- In this book are contained all the songs, ballads, roundelays and virelays, which that gentle duke had composed, and of them I had made this collection.
late Middle English: from Old French virelai.
Más definiciones de virelayDefinición de virelay en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional