- 1The state of being able to see or be seen: a reduction in police presence and visibility on the streetsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Last week we reported that the police planned a more ‘high level, high visibility presence to tackle street crime’.
- Brooks has been able to increase visibility and increase sales with minimum impact on her pocketbook.
- People demand greater Garda visibility and presence on the streets at night.
- 1.1The distance one can see as determined by light and weather conditions: visibility was down to 15 yardsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Most accidents in the past two months were the result of poor visibility because of rainy conditions, she said.
- The information may also be passed on to divers, who are working in arduous conditions, battling poor weather and visibility as well as up to four metres of silt.
- The rear lights have adaptive infrared control which adjusts the brightness of the LED diodes to match visibility and weather conditions.
- 1.2The degree to which something has attracted general attention; prominence: the issue began to lose its visibilityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Her visibility attracts plenty of attention at the post office from coworkers and customers, she says.
- Women's eNews today has a commentary on the lack of visibility of prominent women in the media.
- By giving use and visibility to the general usage of metadata, there's an incentive to converge on the same vocabulary.
late Middle English: from French visibilite or late Latin visibilitas, from Latin visibilis (see visible).
Más definiciones de visibilityDefinición de visibility en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional