- 1Able to be seen: the church spire is visible from miles awayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The flames have been burning a path across southern California, a combustible mix of hot air and nature's unquenchable rage visible for miles around and scarring everything in its path.
- In the early nineties the quarry was an ugly eyesore on the local landscape with plant equipment visible for miles around and emissions of white dust across the local countryside commonplace.
- A towering cloud of black smoke flanked by soaring flames was visible for miles around, providing an awesome and menacing picture of the developing inferno.
- 1.1 Physics (Of light) within the range of wavelengths to which the eye is sensitive.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What's the best technique for defining features smaller than a wavelength of visible light?
- However, metals usually absorb rather than reflect the shorter wavelengths of infrared and visible light that are required for photonic circuits.
- Light occupies a very small section of the electromagnetic spectrum, and visible light occupies an even narrower range.
- 1.2Able to be perceived or noticed easily: a visible improvementMás ejemplos en oraciones
perceptible, perceivable, seeable, observable, noticeable, detectable, discernible; in sight, in/on view, on display; evident, apparent, manifest, transparent, plain, clear, conspicuous, front-and-center, obvious, patent, unmistakable, unconcealed, undisguised, prominent, salient, striking, glaring
- ‘The cafe is at the front and easily visible through the clear glass frontages and so is a very open and welcoming environment,’ he said.
- Vocal skill development is an interesting example, for there is no obvious visible or easily manipulable body part engaged in the activity.
- Lynn also suggests handrails on either side of the steps, and painting a white line across the top of each step, to make it more easily visible to those with poor sight.
- 1.3In a position of public prominence: a highly visible member of the royal entourageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He is 16 years younger than Craig Brewster but there have been games in which it has been O'Connor who has been the more visible, prominent member of the partnership.
- While one of the most visible public figures in Venezuela, Ms. Machado is sparing with details about her personal life, one of comfort and privilege.
- And finally, it must be asked: has Takahashi ever felt the sting of racism in her position as a high-profile visible minority media figure?
- 2Of or relating to imports or exports of tangible commodities: the visible trade gapMás ejemplos en oraciones
- German wages are in fact too low, they argue, for if they were not, the country would not have a visible trade surplus year in, year out.
- The music has become one of America's most visible and vital exports.
- Not only should this increase have shown up in visible stocks; it was not physically possible to store such a high increase in global oil inventories.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In authorship articles for the web, your chief concern would be in gaining as much visibleness as you can.
- Unique articles are imperative as they progress a website's visibleness on the Internet.
- The store itself has a relatively inexpensive rent because the location isn't the most desirable even though it has a high visibleness position.
- he was visibly uncomfortableMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Another doctor was visibly agitated and took the reporter to another room nearby.
- When I took my camera out, she grew visibly nervous and refused to have her photo taken.
- The creature's skin is visibly worn in parts and the formaldehyde in which it is displayed has turned murky.
Middle English: from Old French, or from Latin visibilis, from videre 'to see'.