Definición de visionary en inglés:
1(Especially of a person) thinking about or planning the future with imagination or wisdom: a visionary leader
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The film is based around Isaac Asimov's visionary stories about future technology where robots are an integral part of our daily lives.
- I marvelled at the imaginative energy of the Martian enterprise, at its visionary and dogged inventiveness.
- He hopes to see the gains achieved by the U.S. civil rights movement, and maybe even a vision of ideal universal equality, reflected in the visionary future of the Federation.
1.1 archaic (Of a scheme or idea) not practical.
- The book ends with an assault by the mob on Mr Chainmail's 12th-cent. castle, an ironic comment on the more visionary schemes to solve the troubles of the age of reform.
- ‘These hypothetical, visionary schemes will only act to deter tenants from investing in their businesses,’ he said.
2Of, relating to, or able to see visions in a dream or trance, or as a supernatural apparition: a visionary experience
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Somewhere between 432 and 460 a second visionary dream, in which the Irish people beseeched him to return, ignited his missionary zeal.
- Astrobiology, the search for life's origins and its existence elsewhere in the universe, used to seem like a visionary dream.
- Hiller's art deals with the transcendental and the visionary, with dreams, trances, hallucinations and altered states of consciousness.
sustantivo (plural visionaries)Volver al principio
A person with original ideas about what the future will or could be like.
- The website boasts that ‘Freeness is the now, and tomorrow for future music visionaries.’
- She's written a book about space tourism, and talked to many of the visionaries behind the whole idea.
- We need more such hands-on visionaries for the future of York if we are to create and maintain a competitive position on the world stage.
- Example sentences
- But this was not enough for him; he is a visionary painter, and in his visionariness he resembles Dante.
- Better to look elsewhere - for instance, at the tourism sector and the degree of cultural visionariness to be found there.
- America experienced a dark conservative revival - people turned cynical, selfish, and misanthropic as visionariness turned to graspingness.
Words that rhyme with visionaryconsuetudinary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan