Definición de visitation en inglés:
1An official or formal visit, in particular.
- A decade ago there was such a seminary visitation which, almost everybody agreed, resulted in marked improvements, although many think that visitation was not as thorough as it should have been.
- I don't know whether we shall survive this latest purge which is culminating in a further official visitation to today's machinery sale.
- Hospital visitation, tax benefits, standing for tort claims, and a right of inheritance are among the general rights provided to those in reciprocal beneficiary relationships.
1.1(In church use) an official visit of inspection, especially one by a bishop to a church in the bishop’s diocese.
- It is suggested also that the bishops should devise a system of regular visitations of the dioceses of their fellow bishops, a proposal, it is suggested, that should pose no threat to bishops who do not fear being held accountable.
- When the bishop of a geographically large rural diocese made a visitation to one of its small mission congregations, he ended by asking the vicar if there was anything he could do to help.
- They are contained in a 434-page report on the diocese which follows on from a parish-by-parish visitation conducted by Bishop Miller over the last number of months.
visit, official visit, tour of inspection, survey, examination
1.2The appearance of a divine or supernatural being.
- Throughout history there have been reports of ghosts, apparitions and spiritual visitations, both angelic and demonic.
- Our prayer is for a visitation of the Holy Spirit, to rescue men and women lost in darkness and superstition, and to bring to them the light of the gospel of the grace of God in Jesus Christ.
- He was inspired, and his inspiration was interpreted as a divine visitation or as the surge of the unconscious over the conscious mind as he drifted into the realm of dreams, trances, and visions.
1.3US A gathering with the family of a deceased person before the funeral.
- If someone in the community died, funeral visitations would typically be held twenty kilometres down the road in Middle Musquodoboit, or even in Truro, more than 50 kilometers away.
- He was at his moms and sister's visitations and funerals.
- The daughter of the surviving sister drove some distance to be present for the visitation and funeral, thinking about how sad her mother would be, how she would miss those weekends with her sister.
1.4 Law A divorced person’s right to spend time with their children in the custody of a former spouse.
- There is a growing trend toward using mediation to reach an agreement on the terms of a divorce (child custody, visitation, and property distribution).
- Yet the government spends $340 on enforcing child support for every $1 it spends on enforcing visitation rights.
- Under this proposal a parent could cohabitate with several partners over a period of years and each of these partners could be granted shared custody and visitation rights.
2A disaster or difficulty regarded as a divine punishment: a visitation of the plague
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After men came to terms with the psychological shock of the plague visitations, society adjusted remarkably well, though not without turmoil.
- I think the people who committed that heinous crime deserve every visitation of justice that we can bring to them.
- If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then The Lord hath not sent me.
3 (the Visitation) The visit of the Virgin Mary to Elizabeth related in Luke 1:39-56.
- He kneels before Mary in the Visitation, Elizabeth and John adjacent to him as intermediaries, requesting Mary's intercessory role on his behalf.
- At the Visitation, evoked in the second sentence, Mary was already the mother of Elizabeth's Lord and ours - within the first trimester of his life among us.
- In 1586, the MIA commissioned Francesco Bassano to paint four oval canvases of the Birth of the Virgin, the Presentation of the Virgin in the Temple, the Annunciation, and the Visitation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan