- A condition in which the pigment is lost from areas of the skin, causing whitish patches, often with no clear cause. Also called leucoderma.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For 15 years she has had symmetrical patches of vitiligo on her hands, elbows, hips, and neck.
- These patches are frequently confused with vitiligo or leucoderma, in which the patches are usually larger and have well defined convex borders, sometimes with a rim of hyper or increased pigmentation.
- Leucoderma or vitiligo is a common disease and affects almost three to four per cent of the population.
late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'tetter'.
Más definiciones de vitiligoDefinición de vitiligo en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional