- There was huge, leather bound series of volumes of Encyclopaedia Celtica.
- Photographs are of reasonable resolution and the whole layout of the book is more pleasing and open than earlier volumes in the series.
- Eventually the series filled two volumes published in March and May 1788.
- He initially conceived of the drawings in the book to be printed in a bound volume that would have no title, no words, and no instructions to indicate which was the top or bottom.
- It has a distinguished collection of over 35,000 volumes including many rare travel books from the 18th and 19th century.
- The library has a current holding of about 2.2 million volumes in print, which breaks down into 148 holdings per student.
- So I went to the college library and started to go through the volumes of back issues.
- Sadly only 3 volumes and 30 issues appeared before it was forced to close.
- Under his management the 100th volume was issued in 1938.
- With negative curvature, space has infinite volume.
- Likewise, a gas will occupy any volume which is made available to it.
- In other words, it takes on the exact shape and volume of its container.
- The amount and volume of material we receive each day is huge and unfortunately sometimes it's impossible to answer everybody's pleas.
- A year later, he upgraded the phone system to handle the growing volume of phone orders.
- The business has also been successful in increasing both the value and volume of orders per customer through better customer relationship management.
- Due to the volume of of applications currently being received we have decided to extend the Supplemental Application deadline to October 15th, 2007.
- The co-ops will have the very critical task of writing code and developing data pipelines to help our scientific team manage the large volume of of samples processed through our facility on a daily basis.
- It gives length and volume, so your hair looks natural.
- He applies a lightweight gloss after blow-drying and before curling to help keep her hair's natural volume and fullness under control and to add shine.
- It prolongs the durability of the curl, enhancing its elasticity and volume without weighing the hair down.
- Pianists must rely more heavily on differing volume levels to distinguish voices.
- There are two further console-style buttons on the top of the device, positioned for index-finger usage, and power and volume controls on the base.
- The controls are on top surface of the right-hand satellite speaker but are limited to the power switch and volume control.
Late Middle English (originally denoting a roll of parchment containing written matter): from Old French volum(e), from Latin volumen 'a roll', from volvere 'to roll'. An obsolete meaning 'size or extent (of a book)' gave rise to sense 2.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: vol·ume
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.