Definición de volute en inglés:
1 Architecture A spiral scroll characteristic of Ionic capitals and also used in Corinthian and composite capitals.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The only other pieces close in date to it are two composite capitals (also from the mid-10th century) in the third room, one labeled ‘Corinthian’ for some reason, although Ionic volutes are just as prominent as acanthus leaves.
- The city was gloriously clean, its classical columns and pediments and its baroque scrolls and volutes now clearly delineated by the shadows cast by an oblique sun on their pale surfaces.
- This circularity is echoed and enhanced by the razor-sharp curvilinear forms of apsidal niches, rounded arches, semicircular columns, Ionic volutes, decorative ovals, and turned balusters and kraters.
2A deep-water marine mollusk with a thick spiral shell that is colorful and prized by collectors.
- Family Volutidae, class Gastropoda: Voluta and other genera
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is not uncommon for both Recent and fossil volutes from southern South America to have a protoconch that is corroded to various degrees by cold acidic waters.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A sphinx and a winged lion with bull's horns flanking a voluted palmette form a central focus, while the remaining groups proceed more or less in linear fashion toward them, starting at the opposite point on the bowl's circumference.
- Likewise, the hybrid nature of their imagery, such as winged composite animals and voluted palmettes, has been taken as a lack of originality, a view that tends to stifle interest in iconographic meaning.
- Executed like the voluted palmettes and tabletop inlays with incised details but no surface modeling, it represents the forepart of two winged lions with bull's horns flanking a voluted palmette.
Palabras que riman con voluteacute, argute, astute, beaut, Beirut, boot, bruit, brut, brute, Bute, butte, Canute, cheroot, chute, commute, compute, confute, coot, cute, depute, dilute, dispute, flute, galoot, hoot, impute, jute, loot, lute, minute, moot, newt, outshoot, permute, pollute, pursuit, recruit, refute, repute, route, salute, Salyut, scoot, shoot, Shute, sloot, snoot, subacute, suit, telecommute, Tonton Macoute, toot, transmute, undershoot, uproot, Ute
Definición de volute en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán