- The phenomenon in some languages, e.g., Turkish, in which all the vowels in a word are members of the same subclass, for example all front vowels or all back vowels.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Turkish, with its extensive system of vowel harmony, the above categories are more salient than they are in English, for example.
- Vowel harmony is probably the most widely known phonological characteristic of Turkic languages.
- The phenomenon of vowel harmony has attracted considerable attention among phonologists from all theoretical denominations ever since.
Más definiciones de vowel harmonyDefinición de vowel harmony en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional