A slender Eurasian and African songbird with a long tail that is frequently wagged up and down, typically living by water.
- Family Motacillidae: two genera, in particular Motacilla, and several species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Both pipits and wagtails bathe in shallow standing water.
- There's a bench here and you could spend time looking out for moorhens, coots, wagtails and warblers, and the fish that attract them.
- They are ground birds, with very long hind toes and claws, like those of skylarks, and they have a habit of running about like wagtails, though without flicking their tails.
Definición de wagtail en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional