sustantivo(usually the walking wounded)
- 1People who have been injured in a battle or major accident but who are still able to walk.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Bodies were lying on the track, some said, as the walking wounded - some badly burned and bleeding - tried to make their way to safety through the choking smoke and soot.
- I treated the walking wounded of the Vietnam War from 1968 to 1970.
- Menard, one of the walking wounded, recounted the fierce response they met in on a bridge at the southern Iraqi city of Nassiriya.
- 1.1People who have suffered emotional wounds.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His characters are the walking wounded, and their wounds, as often as not, are the result of futile or faddish stabs at self-improvement.
- Do you want to spend your time with the world's walking wounded or go where the energy and the innovation and the creativity and the return and the opportunity for people is?
- ‘I'm a walking wounded painter,’ he says, speaking with an accent that is part East End, part transatlantic.
Más definiciones de walking woundedDefinición de walking wounded en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional