1(Of a cruel or violent action) deliberate and unprovoked: sheer wanton vandalism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Both acts of wanton destruction were deliberately aimed at symbolically injuring the self-esteem of the targeted victims, beside tremendous loss of innocent lives.
- But legitimate protest has become mixed up with wanton destruction or even violence unrelated to the activities of the businesses attacked.
- It is wanton and pointless vandalism which has caused a lot of disruption to the school, but also those who carry out such attacks are putting their own safety at risk.
2(Especially of a woman) sexually immodest or promiscuous.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For a moment I toyed with presenting myself as a wanton temptress with a dozen regular gentlemen callers and a bedside drawer full of Mates.
- Together they roam the streets, picking up prostitutes and other willing, wanton woman to calm their near-desperate need for the female form.
- Yet we never understand why she lives her life as such a wanton woman.
verbo[no object] archaic or literary
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They recognize Lucy: ‘The sweetness was turned to adamantine, heartless cruelty, and the purity to voluptuous wantonness.’
- Here, once again, the opulence of the city puts its citizens under enormous pressures to capitulate to a life style of wantonness and shameless disregard.
- In Imamura's eyes, all this wicked wantonness is as graphic in its disgust and scandalous at its heart as hardcore images or vulgar stag reels.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda