Definición de wanton en inglés:
1(Of a cruel or violent action) deliberate and unprovoked: sheer wanton vandalism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Both acts of wanton destruction were deliberately aimed at symbolically injuring the self-esteem of the targeted victims, beside tremendous loss of innocent lives.
- But legitimate protest has become mixed up with wanton destruction or even violence unrelated to the activities of the businesses attacked.
- It is wanton and pointless vandalism which has caused a lot of disruption to the school, but also those who carry out such attacks are putting their own safety at risk.
2(Especially of a woman) sexually immodest or promiscuous.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For a moment I toyed with presenting myself as a wanton temptress with a dozen regular gentlemen callers and a bedside drawer full of Mates.
- Together they roam the streets, picking up prostitutes and other willing, wanton woman to calm their near-desperate need for the female form.
- Yet we never understand why she lives her life as such a wanton woman.
sustantivoarchaic Volver al principio
verbo[no object] archaic or literary Volver al principio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A wine so popular that no matter what the boys Down Under throw in the mix, the thirsty public wantonly chug it down, without looking sideways to see what else is on the shelf.
- As I said before, Gibbons has found Gingerich and other scientists guilty of flagrantly and wantonly doing science.
- They remained mute as all civilised norms of relief and rehabilitation were openly and wantonly subverted by the state.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They recognize Lucy: ‘The sweetness was turned to adamantine, heartless cruelty, and the purity to voluptuous wantonness.’
- Here, once again, the opulence of the city puts its citizens under enormous pressures to capitulate to a life style of wantonness and shameless disregard.
- In Imamura's eyes, all this wicked wantonness is as graphic in its disgust and scandalous at its heart as hardcore images or vulgar stag reels.
Palabras que riman con wantonLongton
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia