- 1A reserve of funds used for fighting a war.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- War bonds essentially fund a war chest that is voluntarily filled by the public.
- Rumours persist to the present day that the Russian Preobrazhenskiy Guard buried its war chest on the battlefield, and amateur treasure hunters often visit the site in search of this hoard.
- Since wars had to be paid for, governments needed a war chest, particularly as their tax base was narrow and financial credit in short supply.
- 1.1A sum of money used for conducting a campaign or business.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When is a corporate war chest not a war chest, but instead could be a corporate millstone?
- With an expected turnover of #4m this year, Stortext should have the war chest to fund an aggressive growth strategy.
- But news it has struck a deal with its banks to fund a war chest of €80 million for its own expansion plans suggests it sees a future in being a standalone entity.
Más definiciones de war chestDefinición de war chest en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional