(or war widower)
- A woman (or man) whose spouse has been killed in war.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In her letter, Mrs Goodrick said: ‘I am a still-grieving war widow whose husband was mown down by a German Panzer division in the Normandy landings in June, 1944.’
- A British war widow can expect £26,750 if her husband is killed in action; her US equivalent will get £175,000, and double the monthly payments of her British counterpart.
- She had her own pension from the Ministry of Defence as a war widow as well as a state pension.
Más definiciones de war widowDefinición de war widow en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional