- 1Prepare for physical exertion or a performance by exercising or practicing gently beforehand: the band was warming upMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Next, students practice warming up exercises in unison.
- It is important that you warm up gently before you start any exercises and do not strain at all.
- Be sure to warm up and stretch before exercising.
- 1.1(Of an engine or electrical appliance) reach a temperature high enough to allow it to operate efficiently.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By this time the truck's engine has warmed up enough to allow a shift up into second gear, then third and finally fourth - or top gear.
- This allows the engine to warm up faster, cutting exhaust emissions, and reduces fuel consumption by about 3 percent because it is not geared to the engine.
- Check that the tyre pressures are correct, the brakes are in good working order and that the engine warms up as quickly as possible.
Más definiciones de warm upDefinición de warm up en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional