- American family of physicians. Joseph Warren (1741–75), a patriot active in the events leading up to the American Revolution, was killed at the Battle of Bunker Hill. His brother John Warren (1753–1815) was a leading medical practitioner in New England and a surgeon in the American Revolution. John Collins Warren (1778–1856), the son of John Warren, helped to found Massachusetts General Hospital in 1811.
sustantivo(also rabbit warren)
- 1A network of interconnecting rabbit burrows.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Its interest is that within it survive all the elements of a medieval forest: great timber trees, coppice woods, pollards, scrub, grassland and fen, deer and cattle, and a rabbit warren.
- The officials and other 20 walkers were gone, leaving Norm to make his own way through the rabbit warren to the track.
- If, for instance, you need to clear a rabbit warren, you have to ensure that there is not a badger down there too - they are protected animals.
- 1.1A densely populated or labyrinthine building or district: a warren of narrow gas-lit streetsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In a warren of hangar-sized hotel ballrooms in Orlando, military engineers this week showed off their next generation of robots, as they got the machines ready for the war zone.
- The insurgents still had strongholds in the north-western district of Jolan, a warren of narrow streets.
- Of the synagogues they built and rebuilt, four still nestle in this timeless Turkish warren, two as museums.
- 1.2British • historical An enclosed piece of land set aside for breeding game, especially rabbits.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They were also kept in warrens, enclosed areas of land in which they could feed and burrow, and from whence they were conveniently caught.
- At first rabbits were managed in warrens, but before long they escaped into the countryside.
- It is thought Zac had gone into an unused rabbit or fox warren.
late Middle English: from an Anglo-Norman French and Old Northern French variant of Old French garenne 'game park', of Gaulish origin.
Más definiciones de WarrenDefinición de warren en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional