- 1A small, hard, benign growth on the skin, caused by a virus.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Benign skin growths include warts, moles, or corns, which are rarely serious problems.
- The skin cells in the warts releases thousands of viruses, so close skin-to-skin contact can pass on the infection.
- Even lesions with clinical changes often are proved to be benign tumors or warts.
- 1.1Any rounded excrescence on the skin of an animal or the surface of a plant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Chinese have a tradition of breaking open the seed of brucea javonica and taping directly over warts and excrescences to stimulate their dissolution.
- They have no noseleaf, but they do have small warts on their noses above their nostrils.
- The skin is often decorated with warts and filaments that look like tassels.
warts and all
- • informal Including features or qualities that are not appealing or attractive: Philip must learn to accept me, warts and allMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I know that I am right to take a stand against this wrong being done behind our backs without the whole of Sligo being given the whole truthful facts - warts and all.
- O'Neill looks back fondly to a time when a truthful portrait, warts and all, was the true art of the portrait photographer.
- I'm proud to be a citizen and part of this country, warts and all.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The rough, warty skin conceals a fruit of such exquisite sweetness and sensuality that eating and handling one should be X-rated.
- Toads can be distinguished from frogs by their heavier build and brown, warty skin with females being larger than males.
- He was referred to our service with warty skin nodules on his left foot and leg for about 18 months now.
Old English wearte, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch wrat and German Warze.