- A mainly tropical predatory water bug with grasping forelegs, breathing from the surface via a bristlelike “tail.”.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Nepidae, suborder Heteroptera: several genera including the Nepa and Ranatra
- She also learned from her teacher that the water scorpion's tail forms a siphon for breathing at the surface.
- They include such things as spiders, leeches, millipedes, pill bugs, flatworms, mites, beetles, and water dwellers such as water scorpions and nematode worms.
- These surely are Water Scorpions in the genus Ranatra, and they really will give a painful bite.
Más definiciones de water scorpionDefinición de water scorpion en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional