Definición de wax moth en inglés:
A brownish moth that lays its eggs in beehives. The caterpillars cover the combs with silken tunnels and feed on beeswax.
- Genera Galleria and Achroea, family Pyralidae: several species, in particular G. mellonella
- In the greater wax moth, Galleria mellonella, distinctions between mates and predators are potentially difficult to make.
- During early research, they used cadavers of Galleria mellonella, or greater wax moth.
- The young were hand-reared on a mixed diet of wax moth larvae; crickets; and a mixture of ground beef heart, wheat, curd, calcium, and vitamins.
Definición de wax moth en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan