- A divisive political issue, especially one that is raised by a candidate for public office in hopes of attracting or alienating an opponent’s supporters.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He's decided to make this a political wedge issue, to placate the cultural conservatives in this country, in order to take away from his failed policies on jobs, health care and schools and his foreign policy.
- He said: ‘The President has allowed his political team to use this war as a political wedge issue to score political points and to divide this nation.’
- But I also believe that this is a wedge issue, that this is something that is often raised to try to divide people.
Más definiciones de wedge issueDefinición de wedge issue en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional